I recently had dinner and drinks at Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails to celebrate a friend’s birthday. The restaurant is quietly tucked away from all of the chaos that is the St. John’s Town Center in Jacksonville, Florida. I arrived early so that I could meet up with a friend over a beer at the bar. This is not my first time dining at Moxie Kitchen, but it was the first time that I could appreciate the modern industrial look of the restaurant. This place is really cool, and has a bar both downstairs and upstairs with plenty of seating both indoors and outdoors.
I generally avoid the Town Center, but I actually like this place. The food was great and the conversation was easy, but what I am here to tell you about is my appreciation of their beer selection. No, they do not have an extensive beer list, but what they do have is love for their local craft breweries. Below is a list of the local craft beers on tap:
- Pablo Beach Pale Ale from Green Room out of Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Buzzin’ Bee Honey Rye What Ale from Veteran’s United of Jacksonville, Florida
- Jon Boat Coastal Ale from Intuition Ale Works of Jacksonville, Florida
- Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewing of Tampa, Florida
- Belgian Pale Ale from Aardwolf Brewery of Jacksonville, Florida
- J’Ville Lager from Engine 15 of Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Duke’s Cold Nose Brown Ale from Bold City Brewery of Jacksonville, Florida
- King Street Stout from Intuition Ale Works of Jacksonville, Florida
These beers are staples to the breweries of which they belong and represent the breweries very well. It makes me happy to see more and more dining establishments expanding their beer offering beyond the big name brands. The next time you are around the Town Center, trust me you will want a beer and Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails has plenty of deliciousness to choose from.