I made this recipe over the weekend for a party and my friends went crazy for this super easy dish. Brace yourselves for the level of easy that is this recipe:
- 5 pound pork butt
- I can of lager beer… I used Fosters. There is no need to use a good beer
- 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Some type of bread. I used the Kings Hawaiian rolls, but I am sure any bread or Texas Toast would work.
- Toss that butt in a Crock Pot with the beer and sprinkle the four spices on top
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours and turn to low and let cook for a total of 10 hours
- Take the meat out and set to the side and drain the beer from the Crock Pot
- Put the meat back in and shred that butt
- Put in the barbecue sauce to taste (generally a 12 – 18 oz bottle should do)
- Toss some meat on the bread and enjoy
Told ya it was easy! I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as my guests did. Let me know what you think.